Founded in 2003, Indevin is New Zealand’s leading producer of high-quality wine. Our grapes come from over 3,000 hectares of planted vineyards and blended in our wineries across three of the great New Zealand wine regions - Marlborough, Hawke’s Bay, and Gisborne - giving us a scale and consistency of supply unmatched in New Zealand wine.
We’re all about authenticity and transparency so rather than bombard you with corporate jargon– here’s the real Indevin:
- We’re a good ol’ Kiwi company who is proud to be a wine industry leader and we have years of hard work to thank for it.
- Our business is proudly spearheaded by the Villa Maria Brand.
- We take our work, but not ourselves, too seriously.
- We work with people from all over the world because our diversity makes us stronger.
- We’re very passionate about what we do. We love wine, sharing our knowledge and making Indevin an inspiring place to work.
The Production Manager at our Gisborne Cellar is responsible for leading the production and labour activities of the cellar and ensuring that manufacturing specifications are met. The business requirements span the fields of quantity, quality and costs. Reporting to the Gisborne Winery Manager the role is responsible for assisting the development and leading the implementation of the annual Cellar resource and operational plan and associated budgetary control, and therefore running all aspects related to the cellar resources.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage people resources to ensure the effective and efficient execution of operational activities. Recommend labour requirements based on forecasts and planning models.
- Lead recruitment, induction, and training programmes to adequately resource Gisborne Cellar and Logistics.
- Mentor and coach Supervisors to ensure high standards or leadership.
- Revise the operational plan in response to production changes while maintaining focus on costs, quality and deadlines.
- Ensure the Cellar production requirements are met during harvest and fully support wider Winery operations.
- In-conjunction with Maintenance Manager assist with the implementation of preventative maintenance and repairs to plant and infrastructure, ensuring maximum efficiencies and minimum downtime in the cellar within agreed budgets and timeframes.
As the ideal candidate you will have prior experience as a Production Manager leading the production and labour activities of a cellar. You have sound experience in winery production methods, operating equipment, machinery and relevant healthy and safety requirements. Leading teams is one of your strengths, and you have a proven ability to build strong relationships with business partners and build credibility.
What’s in it for You?
If you’re looking for a role that will keep you challenged, feeling energized and like you are a valued part of business success then this is the role for you!
Our priority and investment in the wellbeing, development and diversity of our people is core to our purpose. You will be cared for, remunerated well, and supported in your career aspirations.
Sound like you? Share your talents with us today by clicking APPLY NOW or emailing email@example.com