At Villa Maria we are just as passionate about our people as we are about producing quality wine and we are excited to announce a new opportunity to join the Viticulture and Winery department!
Split between the Viticulture and Cellar Operations teams, we are looking for 8 cadets to join us for a 2 year fixed term. This is an opportunity to dip your toe into the industry and learn about both Cellar (Winery) and Viticulture operations.
- Vintage Cellar Operations including barrel work, tank cleaning, machine operation, forklift operation, use of additives, sampling, accurate completion of required paperwork, etc.
- Willingness to learn and comply with winery regulations & compliance
- Accurately collect and record yield data using Vinea app throughout the growing season
- Assist Viticulture Technical Manager with seasonal duties such as pest & disease monitoring, maturity sampling and other quality control tasks as required
- Assist Vineyard Operation teams with vineyard operations, repairs and maintenance including Trellising and irrigation repairs, basic machinery operation work, young vine training.
In order to be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Flexibility to work shift hours, weekend and early starts, particularly during our grape harvest, including weekends
- Desire to be an active participant & keen to learn in our team environment
- High attention to detail & strive to produce high quality wines
- Strong initiative with a focus on continual improvement
- Proficiency on app based software
- Full NZ (or equivalent) Drivers License
This role would be suitable for a recent graduate or someone looking to gain experience in the industry.
If you think this is the perfect role for you, apply now!
Please note that only applicants who are eligible to work in NZ permanently can be considered for this role.