Villa Maria is renowned as a winemaker of super premium New Zealand wines, recognised as one of the top 10 most admired wine brands in the world by Drinks International, and is New Zealand’s most awarded winery.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to build a career with a dynamic and progressive company. Our modern Marlborough based winery and our quality focused vineyards from across the region offer our employees the opportunity to work with super premium fruit.
This is a 3 year fixed-term graduateship based in Marlborough.
Responsibilities of role include:
- Assist winemaking processes, including daily update of Ezy-wine cellar operations
- Assist with traceability tasks such as drygoods audits & barrel stocktakes
- Willingness to learn and comply with winemaking regulations & compliance
- Accurately collect and record yield data using Vinea app throughout the growing season
- Assist Viticulture Technical Manager with seasonal duties such as pest & disease monitoring, maturity sampling and other quality control tasks as required
- This role would ideally suit a recent graduate from a Viticulture, Oenology, Horticulture or similar Agricultural studies, be a keen fast learner, & be proficient on Apps based software.
In order to be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Flexibility to work shift hours during our grape harvest, including weekends
- Desire to be an active participant & keen to learn in our team environment
- High attention to detail & strive to produce high quality wines
- Strong initiative with a focus on continual improvement
To apply, please attach your curriculum vitae and cover letter.
Only applicants with eligibility to work in NZ indefinitely will be considered, with preference given to those available to start in late February or early March 2022.
Applications close Friday 14 January 2022